Tuesday, August 7, 2012

ALJ - Sell

Sold ALJ at $12.00 at 9:30 on August 7, 2012.  The purchase was described here.

ALJ jumped this morning on the news of the Chevron refinery fire in California last night.  This triggered my existing limit order to hit at the opening bell this morning.  As detailed in the purchase piece, this was my targeted exit price.  The gains for this transaction were $2.50/share or 26.34% before taxes and commissions.


I would rate myself 9/10 on this particular trade.  I followed my position sizing guidelines and obeyed my risk rules.  I had sound reasoning for my entry and nailed the exit.  There is a small chance that I left money on the table, but I think the likelihood is for a pull back in the next couple of days in ALJ.

This material is provided for informational purposes only, as of the date hereof and is subject to change without notice.  This material may not be suitable for all investors and is not intended to be an offer, a solicitation of any offer to buy or sell any securities.  Following me in trades will lose you money.

No comments:

Post a Comment